This wrap-up is one day late (I usually post my wrap-ups one day into the new month) because I’ve been drowning in school and sleeping seems really interesting nowadays (who am I really). February wasn’t my best month considering that my anxiety took the front seat with all my worries about researches, college examination results, and scholarships. COLLEGE IS GIVING ME LOTS OF HEADACHES. The school year is almost over but I still don’t have any concrete plans. Oh and the entrance examination results for my top university choice will be posted this month and I’m nowhere ready to receive news of failure. I will just sob right here in the corner while hugging all my books for strength.
Let’s get this wrap-up started before I flood the world with my tears:
My children are the highlights of last month tbh. I read six books in February which is a smol number but I don’t blame myself for this. IT’S FEBRUARY’S FAULT. How can 28 days be enough??? This ain’t it, chum. February needs to borrow more days from January because that month lasted 72 years. Just saying.
February may not have been the best in general BUT I’VE READ THE BEST BOOKS IN THOSE 28 DAYS THANK YOU VERY MUCH. I’ve only realized that all the books I’ve read last month were all five-star reads. What can I say? The world blessed me with greatness and I’m a dragon who’s easy to please 💁
Here are the books I read in February:
1. The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
A reread that was just as thrilling as the last. Things became clearer this time and I realized just how astounding Holly Black’s foreshadowing is. She really planted some seeds that I didn’t notice the first time. HOW MUCH OF A GENIUS CAN SHE REALLY BE??? Read my review here.
2. The Wicked King by Holly Black
Devoured it in a day. If I could’ve read it while I took a bath, I would’ve. It was THAT gripping. This was every bit as wicked as the title promised. Stabby, perfect and absolutely deadly. The Wicked King ENDED ME. Read my review here.
3. The Shadow Glass by Rin Chupeco
Someone’s trash for this series and that someone is me. This is a perfect conclusion to a series I’ve come to love and adore. This tied up all the loose strings and dropped bombs of revelation that punched my poor heart. The Shadow Glass comes out on March 5th. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND PICK UP THIS SERIES ASAP. Read my review here.
4. The Missing of Clairedelune by Christelle Dabos (translated by Hildegarde Serle)
I’ve got so much love for this sequel (and this series). Seriously, this is a hidden gem y’all are missing out on. It has A+ world-building, the most unique characters you’ll ever know, and a complex plot that will keep you hooked to the last page. Can’t recommend it enough. This dragon is an absolute trash for it. Read my Goodreads review here. Full review on the blog will be posted closer to the publication date.
5. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
WHY DID NO ONE WARN ME ABOUT HOW PAINFUL THIS READING EXPERIENCE WAS GOING TO BE??? The audiobook is perfect and I loved the banter and the pacing. Surprisingly funny and unexpectedly painful. Definitely a new sci-fi favorite. Read my review here.
6. King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
I WILL SELL MY KIDNEYS FOR NIKOLAI LANTSOV. ZOYA NAZYALENSKY CAN STEP ON MY FACE. NINA ZENIK IS A QUEEN I WILL FOLLOW.
Receiving this book after A MONTH of shipping made me weep. It’s my most-anticipated book of the year and it looks so beautiful and huggable and straight-up perfect. Thank you so much @SleepySamReads for gifting me this book!
Will never stop screaming about King of Scars. Just read my full review here or else I won’t be able to stop myself from fangirling again.
My blog is nearing its first anniversary and I’M SO EXCITED. It’s gonna turn one on May! I hope I can redesign my son in time for its anniversary. Wish me luck.
Nothing big really happened with the blog this month but I’m still a happy bean because I’m finally getting so much better at blog hopping! The Discord servers I’m in really help with keeping up the engagement with other bloggers. I’m hoping to do better with blog hopping as I go along the year. Baby steps, chum. Baby steps.
Here are some blog posts I enjoyed reading last month:
• Cait @paperfury shared some great bookstagram hacks that will help bookstagrammers out there who are on a low budget. Let me also put it out here that Cait is one of the best bookstagrammers out there and is such a supportive dragon so she’s really someone you can trust. LOVE HER TO DEATH.
• Vicky @vickywhoreads recommends Adult SFF books by female writers AND IT’S A GOLD MINE. We really need more adult SFF books and she mentions a lot of them that are worthy of all your love and attention.
• Clo @bookdragons247 talks about guest posts and collaborations which is a huge help to all of us! Clo is also one of the bloggers you would want to team up with. This dragon sister has a well of ideas that will never cease to amaze me.
• Kaleena @ readervoracious reviewed The Fever King by Victoria Lee where she highly recommends it to all of us. I’m looking forward to this diverse YA sci-fi book AAAHHH
• Kat @novelsandwaffles gives us tips that will help you choose an awesome blog name. This is a really insightful post especially for those who wish to put up their own blogs but do not know what to call them.
I also published posts in February that I’m very proud of. In case you missed them, here are my posts from last month:
There ‘ya go! My February wasn’t all that bad because this blog + my books give me life. I know March isn’t going to be easy for me but a dragon keeps on breathing fire, right?
I hope you all had a great February! Cheers to a better March 🍻
How did your February go? Did you read many good books? What are your favorite and/or least favorite reads of the month?